In Celebration of Naturopathic Medicine Week...Get the Facts...
From the Canadian Association of Naturopathic Doctors...
Sharing some great information about Naturopathic Medicine.
1. Naturopathic Doctors are recognized medical providers; trained professionals who clinically treat patients through a natural approach.
2. Naturopathic Doctors (NDs) must earn an undergraduate degree, complete four years of post-graduate training at an approved school of Naturopathic Medicine and pass rigorous, standardized North American licensing exams.
3. NDs are trained to reduce the risk of disease, a fundamental aim of Naturopathic Medicine.
4. NDs are trained to diagnose. They perform annual checkups, order lab tests andcan prescribe clinically tested medicines. They can also refer you to other health professionals, if required.
5. NDs work in hospitals, clinics, corporations and private practice. Some play an active role in federal health initiatives. NDs work collaboratively with oncologists, radiologists, surgeons and researchers to address the needs of those seeking complementary care for living with cancer.
6. You don’t have to choose! You’re not turning your back on conventional medicine. Naturopathic Medicine is a vibrant part of Canada’s healthcare system — a system that allows for the best of both worlds. Those worlds are complementary.
1. Naturopathic Medicine isn’t new.
2. Did you know? A natural focus is actually at the core of all world medicine.
3. Naturopathic Medicine dates back 2,400 years to Hippocrates who used nature to stimulate the body’s natural healing power.
4. Today, Naturopathic Medicine blends scientific knowledge with traditional and natural medicine.
5. We don’t just treat symptoms. Our natural focus allows us to look at your physical and emotional makeup, environment and lifestyle — all keys to unlocking the underlying cause of illness.
6. Who’s a candidate for Naturopathic Medicine?
Patients looking for: • Health promotion • Disease prevention • Help with symptoms that conventional medicine has been unable to address • Supportive and/or adjunctive treatments for those diagnosed with any illness • Help managing a chronic condition or life-threatening illness • Help minimizing the side effects of drugs, surgery, or other conventional treatments.
Health is a life-long process and it doesn’t happen by chance – so everyone’s a candidate for Naturopathic Medicine.
Learn more about Naturopathic Medicine at Performance Integrated Health here...
Performance Integrated Health - serving South Surrey, BC White Rock, BC and surrounding areas is an integrated healthcare clinic, emphasizing preventative medicine and individualized care. We first opened our doors in 2006, and moved into our current location in July 2014. Our team includes three Chiropractors, three Physiotherapists, fifteen Registered Massage Therapists, two Naturopathic Physicians, and a Registered Acupuncturist.